Friday, August 22, 2008

Parkers Bugs... well a few of them!

One of Parker's favorite things to do is catch bugs. I am good with that cause for the most part, it keeps him busy. BUT- I do not like to see out of the normal bugs. I am alright with rolie-polies, grass-hoppers and praying mantises. Check these bugs out and then tell me your best excuse to a three year old as to why he can't keep them in the house!
Now that's a face only a Mother could love!
Can anyone tell us what kind of beetle this is? It made a weird clicking-hiss noise.
What is that?!? It is the biggest moth I have ever seen!
Check out that wing span.
Did I mention that I am scared to death of Moths? creepy little spawns of Satan

BTW! Our computer is up and going. I will be posting a whole lot for catch up!

8 comments:

Shelly said...

EWW! they are the creey spawn of Satan....ever heard of the Mothman? Yikes. That might be the Mothman's child. What a good mom to take pictures. I would tell them to put them down as I ran away....

Jann said...

I hope you post a lot now because you guys are fun! I'm glad you're getting stuff up and running after your disaster/act of nature.

Umm... my best excuse to Mason is that bugs live in the dirt like we live in our house, so you don't want to take them away from their home. However, that's a two year old explanation and I'm sure I will have to come up with something else when he realizes our house probably is as dirty as outside...

Spencer & Cara said...

He's such a boy isn't he! But yeah we totally would have had Justin do the inspection but we actually close on Monday! Bummer. Hope everythings going well. We still have to take you guys up on the sunday dinner.

Brittney said...

You are a GOOD Mom. There is no way I could let any of those things into my house. I am impressed that you got close enough for the pics!

Parker is one brave kid.

jennie said...

GROSSS!!! reminds me of a couple of our little brothers! I'm with you on the freaky Moths thing... DOWN WITH THE MOTH-IA!!!!

David and Janalee said...

Oh man, Parker needs to come visit us in Cali- then he could catch the hissing alligator lizards, even bigger moths and a few hundred of the other creepy species found in our back yard- Bug heaven I'll tell ya! Just wait till he stuffs his pockets full and you are doing the laundry-NEVER EVER put your hands into his pockets to check them when he starts doing this...really, never EVER!
Gotta love ParK
Janalee

Marilee said...

oh sickee! i do NOT like any of those freaky lil' things.... and i REALLY do NOT like MOTHS- even bigger SICKEE!

Unknown said...

I don't know what those moths are, but we have found four different ones on our quakies, and they were ginormous!