Monday, March 22, 2010

amazing

Lately I have been thinking about moms in general-
what we do
how we do it
and why we do what we do...
I love being a mom but sometimes i wonder if i am doing it right
or if my kids will need years of therapy to undo the damages...
There are plenty of things that weigh me down, wear me out and make me want to scream BUT then i think about my mom and all she did and still does for us.

See that amazing sunday dinner spread?
My mom makes this almost every week for at least 30 people.
That is 20 pounds of potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed with just the right amount of butter,
it is also 10-15 pounds of the very best roast that you will ever eat and don't forget 5 pounds of carrots (cooked with the roast so the are SO good), peas and corn for the sides. Then add the BEST GRAVY EVER and hot out of the oven rolls and you know what you've got?
A Sunday Dinner that is made from the heart and a memory that will last a lifetime.
My mom is AWESOME and someday i hope to be just like her-
and i hope that my kids will look up to me like i do her....
I love you mom! ~~ Jill

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sunday dinners are the best and your mom is a PRO at them!! She really is a wonder woman of a mom!! I wish we lived closer to my parents so we could eat their delish Sunday dinners as well. You are lucky!! :)

MacAlevy said...

Your Mom is Great!! And you're not so bad yourself!

Anonymous said...

I love your Mom, and I love you too!

jennie said...

i love brown carrots. oh how i love brown carrots! ya know whats sad? i have absolutely no idea how to cook a roast for sunday dinner... oh no! Preston will be so dissapointed! Mom is pretty great though, maybe i can take lessons...

Marilee said...

Mom is pretty amazing! AND her sunday dinner is almost as awesome as she is!

Jill- you are one of the bestest moms that I know! Whether you believe it or not... I have always thought that! Love ya!

David and Janalee said...

sure, bring on pictures of Sunday at mom's house....I am hungry, and I still can't make a roast like that woman does, believe me, I have tried. Geez Jilly, way to make me even more home sick! Yes our mother is a wonder woman, but you know what? I great deal of that "wonder" rubbed off on you and don't you forget it!
As for the therapy, I am talking Spencer into becoming a therapist just so his siblings can get therapy for free....heaven knows their gonna need it!;)

Melissa said...

AMEN!!! (this is haley btw)