Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Balboa Bars... and Newport Beach

I had never been to Balboa. Marianne and Ferdie had and wanted to show us the all famous Balboa Bars. We put our car on a little Ferry ride and ended up on this really cool peninsula. It was like Jackson Hole meets the beach but instead of cabins, think Beach homes. It was awesome. We ended up at this little roadside stand that made Balboa Bars. It had been there since 1945. We got the bars and Boy were they good! It is a big slice of ice cream dipped in chocolate and then rolled in the topping of your choice... YUMMY!






















We hit the Beach and played in the waves. The weather was great, about 85-90 degrees. The kids had a ball body surfing and jumping the big surf. I found a Sand Dollar, which Sadie thought was the best and we even saw a pod of Dolphins. They were swimming about 100 yards off the shore. I had never seen anything like that before.
The kids were SO excited. I tried to get a picture but I have a little camera with an OK zoom. They just looked like waves in the picture so use your imagination... I will post more about Disneyland tomorrow or the next day....

5 comments:

Marianne said...

I LOVE BALBOA BARS!! I think the kids liked them too!! That was a fun trip...Let's do it again!

jennie said...

BALBOA BARS ROCK!!! we got them last April when I went to DL with the Browns...the cheesecake on a stick wasn't bad either... mmmmm... cheesecake.... I'm glad you had fun...I'm still very jealous...

Hogan Family said...

How fun! Never had a BALBOA BAR but will have to sometime. They look so yummy. Hope you're having a well deserved break.

scharee said...

what a great vacation...especially at this time of year! about the quotes, i'm not exactly sure where they originally come from...they were just in my collection of quotes. i'm planning on reading her books {i think there are around three} and i'll let you know if i find them.

Brittney said...

I am soooo jealous! Its been so long since we went on any kind of a vacation! I would love if Danny just came home one day and decided we were going on one.

I have never heard of Balboa Bars, but they sound like something I better try soon!