Friday, February 20, 2009

Flashback Friday

Because my camera cord is STILL lost and I need to post something, I decided to start "FLASHBACK FRIDAY!" I want to try to post something older, either pictures or a memory or who knows what... You will just have to check back and see what is there...!

For my maiden voyage with this new concept, I wanted to highlight my husband and his super-split skillz. or lack there-of...
These pictures lovingly and very plainly capture the essence of a torn hamstring. A torn hamstring that was acquired at a bowling alley. You may ask how one would "tear a hamstring" bowling, so let me explain. 
My sweet husband and father of my beautiful offspring is not as flexible as he first thought himself to be. We were bowling with some friends (at and EQ social of all places) and Justin decided that he would love to impress the other men in the party by doing a "mock split" after he bowled a strike. What he failed to factor in was that he was in bowling shoes and on a slick bowling alley floor and the amount of adrenaline that he would have pumping through his veins after that perfect bowling posture. When he went for the mock split he got a full split and bonus torn hammy. (But you did look so good doing that babe! love you!) He managed to get up and into his chair with out shedding a tear. I went to check on him (being the awesome wife that I am) and realized that he did not have any color in his face, he was sweating bullets and may or may not have been in shock. The jury is still out on that one.
I felt really bad for him but I couldn't stop laughing. I am a really mean wife. I kinda feel bad about that now, sorry! I had to help the poor guy hobble out and I even had to help him "climb" into our mini-van. Apparently we have some big lift kit on our van that not everyone has...!
These pictures were taken about a week after "the incident" happened. There was so much blood in his leg that it started seeping down into his calves. He had to wrap it really tightly with an ace bandage. That is what the stripes are from on the backs of his knees and the coloring on the back of his calf muscle. What a great memory. for me anyway... LOL


12 comments:

stephanie said...

aaahhh! I had o walk away from the computer for a moment. Your story along with the photos made me feel like I was going to puke.

Thanks for the great story though. Makes for great memories

Marilee said...

uuuuuuhhhhhhh..... ewwwwwww..... and oooowwwie! that is seriously sickey! Nice Flash Back friday idea!

Brenda said...

That was a great story. I feel bad for Justin but that story was hilarious. Ty likes to think he can still do anything he wants too. I’ll have to tell you sometime how he threw his back out playing the Wii Fit.

jennie said...

um...OUCH!! and a litte bit gross... I'm glad he got better though! ha ha, remember the time at Shelly and Aaron's wedding dance, when he was impressing us with his "worm? skillz and he banged his nose? poor guy is so accident prone!

Jann said...

Oh MY. That makes me hurt for him. I love the "Flash Back Friday" idea, though.

Shelly said...

Ow. that's all I have to say right now.

Sherry Parker said...

Ok so that was OUCH!!!! and I have to say I am a bit jealous of his legs....does he shave?

Unknown said...

I remember that! I felt bad then for laughing about it and I feel bad now... sorry Justin.

Denise H. said...

OUCH!!!! That looks truly painful. And I have to admit that I would have been laughing as well.

Unknown said...

I seriously did not know a torn hamstring could bruise like that! Ouch!

melissa said...

Holy Cow...how do you know Natalie Hoch? I was looking for Lyndi's blog and saw Hoch and she is on my blog friends. I met here through Uppercase Living at a convention in Minnesota last year. She is such a great person. Anyway a little off the subject, but I don't have your email address to chat. How is Lyndi, I think about you guys all the time.
Poor Justin, I bet he didn't complain one bit either, he is so tough. Keep me posted...Dr. B's dental buddy Melissa Memmott

David and Janalee said...

OH MY GOODNESS!OUCH! however the thought of houston even trying to do the splits has me laughing, and you know I have always been jealous of the lift lkit on your minivan! HA! you crack me up Jilly and as for Justin? well I live with an accident prone walking bruiser of a guy too, and I laugh at him all the time (except when he fell of the roof, that kinda freaked me out a tad)so I kinda feel bad for him, just a little.