Friday, February 6, 2009

Thomas the Train










They look innocent enough, don't they?

They don't appear to have temper tantrum written on the side...

In fact these shoes, (the character shoes I SWORE I would never buy) have become the source of problem in our home.

It all started with a trip to the mall. Parker needed new shoes so we went to Finish Line. They were having an end of season sale on Crocs, we are talkin' 4.98 a pair. (and not all of them are the nasty character kind. I got Sadie and Megan the cute Mary Jane in the baby pink color and darling flips for summer.) Sorry, off on a tangent, I just love good deals!

I was busy looking at sizes for the girls when TJ started into a hysterical state saying "gook momma, choo choo shoes, choo choo shoes! GOOK!" and there they were. The cause of our present day trials. Thomas the Train Crocs.

TJ immediately grabbed the pair nearest to him, sat on the floor and tried putting them on.

He had his shoes off in a second an was so excited about them that I couldn't deny the little guy. So we bought them. And we haven't taken them off since. Not even for naps. He wants to bathe with them and sleep with them and I swear this is WORSE then any little girl with pretend heels.

What's a mom to do? I guess I should be glad that he is so passionate. But about shoes? Is that even close to normal? Oh well!

9 comments:

Superflymama said...

How super funny! Cute little Teej. What a good mom you are to buy him his favorite choo choo shoes. I refuse to buy character shoes too but I think if I had a cute little Teej that needed them really bad I think I would do the same thing.

Unknown said...

Hey, at least they are "boy" shoes!

Marilee said...

i heart tj! therer are a lot of things you swear you'll never do... and then you become a mom... and all those things just happen!

Shelly said...

Wow. Character shoes, huh? Well, See ya later.
Thanks for the heads up on the Crocs! the only ones the store out here have for $5 are the Mary Janes and flip flops. Liv's super happy!

Jann said...

That's too funny. My kid sleeps with his wooden trains AND his stories (in lieu of stuffed animals), so I have no room to offer advice or anything.

stephanie said...

I have given up a long time ago on not buying chararcter shoes. I say if it makes them happy go for it.
Trey loves thomas the train too.

Melissa said...

Ahhh the "nevers" of motherhood. They always come back to haunt us. I'm going to start saying things like "I'll never put my kids to bed at 7:00pm" or "We are NEVER going on a Disney Cruise" or my all time favorite..."I will never, ever in a million years teach my kids how to make their bed." It's high time all mothers pulled a fast one on dear Mr. Never....

Sherry Parker said...

Thomas is of the devil at our home!!! I always said I would never by the character "cheesy" stuff too....as my kids sit here with spiderman crocs and Hulk shirts.....arrggghhhh. The Island of Sodor needs to go down!

jennie said...

just wait for the day he puts THOSE in the microwave... none of this 5 pieces of bread and half a bagle or a penny business... choo choo shoes are next...